Do you love to help people succeed and achieve their goals? Dreamcatchers Empowerment Network is a non-profit agency seeking a Full Time EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST to work with individuals with mental health disabilities to find community employment within Fresno County. Our agency provides assessments, job preparation, job placement and coaching to youth and adults with limitations and disabilities throughout California.
- A.A. Degree.
- Ten (10) years of work and life experiences (parenting, military, life challenges) or four (4) years of supervising/training employees.
- Strong knowledge of case management/human services/educational system.
- Valid California driver’s license with personal vehicle to travel within counties served.
- Manage a caseload of approximately 20-25 referrals on a regular basis working independently under only general supervision.
- Provides 1:1 supervision during assessments/paid work experience thereby using individual judgment to determine readiness for employment and recommending additional services needed.
- Develops individual approach by carving services to meet the needs of the individual.
- Develops Individual Employment Plan with the client by identifying steps needed to obtain their vocational goals.
- Develops relationships with prospective employers to develop job opportunities for clients.
- Assist individuals to maintaining employment, carving their jobs, assisting employers with support as needed.
- Maintains organization of documents and files on caseload.
- Develops relationships and interfaces with community partners and agencies, State Department of Rehabilitation, and County Officials.
- All other duties as assigned.
A. Documentation Responsibilities
- For each assigned client, completes required Intake/Entry documentation; which may include payroll (W4, I9).
- Completes necessary entries in the chart as specified by policy and within the necessary time frame.
- Individual Employment Plan
- Daily notes
- Monthly Billing documentation sent for processing by the 7th of the next month
- Exit Plans
- Maintain written communication updates with Department of Rehabilitation for new
authorizations and ongoing status of their clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively via written and verbal communications.
B. Community Development:
1. Represents Dreamcatchers Empowerment Network at community events/functions
2. Interfaces and acts as liaison to person served, business community and Department of Rehab.
3. Provides and maintains monthly correspondence with referral sources and community agency regarding client services.
4. Assists in developing and maintaining employer contacts, work sites and community partners.
Candidates must be able to travel and maneuver within the community to meet clients and employers daily. This is a Non-Exempt (hourly) position with company benefits such as: vacation & sick time, mileage reimbursement, professional development, training opportunity, annual staff retreat, and a holiday party.
Dreamcatchers, Inc is a is an EEO/AA/Minority/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. To learn more about us visit us at https://www.dreamcatchersnetwork.org/home/
All staff are temperature screened, required to wear a mask and remain at a distance of 6 ft.