Do you love to help people succeed and achieve their goals? Dreamcatcher Empowerment Network is a non-profit agency seeking an IPS Employment Specialist who will assist to ensure that the Rehab process is implemented using a multiple blend of community resources to help clients with mental health challenges become employed within the community. This position is located in Fresno County and carries out services of the IPS Supported Employment program by providing support, training and opportunities leading clients to obtain and maintain employment.
- A minimum of an AA Degree in social services, health care or business-related field
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with people with mental health challenges
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience providing employment services and knowledge of the work world are preferred.
- Experience in case management/human services/educational system.
- Valid California driver’s license with personal vehicle to travel within county.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Hmong is preferred.
- Manage a caseload of no more than 20 clients on a regular basis.
- Assists clients with the career planning or discovery process
- Provides Rapid Job Search for clients on caseload
- Spends 65% of time within the community developing relationships with prospective employers to create opportunities for clients. Conducts a minimum of 6 employer contacts per client per week.
- Develops Individual Employment Plan with the client by identifying steps needed to obtain their vocational goals.
- Assist individuals to maintain employment, carve and create jobs, assist employers and clients with ongoing supports when needed.
- Provides ongoing assessment of clients vocational functioning on an ongoing basis
- Maintains all documents and files on each client caseload in an organized manner (daily case notes, updates to county departments, etc.)
- Meets with County Behavioral Health, State Department of Rehabilitation, and community partners and agencies on a monthly basis as part of the team planning process for service delivery.
- This position requires strong ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with other team members.
- Maintain monthly written updates to the County of Behavioral Health and/or Department of Rehabilitation for ongoing status of clients.
Must be computer-literate (typing and utilizing software programs) and be able to effectively communicate information in both oral and written forms; must be able to present and exchange information internally across teams and co-workers, and externally with clients and the public.
This position will interface and act as a liaison to persons serviced, the business community and county agencies. Candidates must be able to travel and maneuver within the community to meet clients and employers daily. This is a Non-Exempt (hourly) position with company benefits such as: vacation & sick time, mileage reimbursement, professional development, training opportunity, annual staff retreat, and a holiday party.
Dreamcatchers, Inc is a is an EEO/AA/Minority/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. To learn more about us visit us at https://www.dreamcatchersnetwork.org/home/
All staff are temperature screened, required to wear a mask and remain at a distance of 6 ft.