Dreamcatchers Empowerment Network is a non-profit agency looking to hire a Full Time Executive Assistant to the Executive Director. Our agency provides assessments, job preparation, job placement and coaching to youth and adults with limitations and disabilities throughout California. The philosophy at Dreamcatchers Empowerment Network is a client-centered approach to providing services with respect and dignity, as well as educating the community on the benefits of employing people with limitations.
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for the Executive Director and also serves as a liaison with the Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and will possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. The ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities is imperative. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) plus years of work experience providing high level support, plus two (2) years supervising or training workers.
- Experience in working with community/employment services and with State, County and Federal regulatory agencies preferred.
- Non-profit experience is required.
- Familiarity with CARF regulations is preferred.
- Manage and assist with the day to day activities and efficient operation of the Executive Director
- Organize meetings and events for convenings, retreats, various board meetings, and other logistics as assigned.
- Reviews various reports, grant applications, newsletter, social media and and other documents for accuracy of details
- Expense management which includes tracking and reconciling expenses, and monitoring budgets
- Review internal and external confidential documents and email correspondences
- Serve as a liaison to Board of Directors
- Learn the services, delivery methods and documentation that is essential in business operations
- Provide sophisticated calendar management; prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshoot conflicts with little guidance, make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day to-day engagements
- Handle requests and inquiries appropriately
- Participates in team/divisional projects as required and completes special projects as assigned under general supervision
- Responsible for ensuring assigned projects meet performance objectives.
- Conducts research, compiles reports and prepares presentation materials
- Works closely with current county partners and future county partners with building future contract partnerships.
- Travel 20% to assist with meetings, conferences, trainings, and/or campus visits or new business development meetings.
OTHER ABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Critical thinking and ability to identify issues, explore and evaluate information, and assist with solutions.
- Strong organizational skills reflecting the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Exceptional time management and organization with the ability to multitask and manage different programs and services, and staff at various locations.
- Polished interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with executives, administrators, county representatives and both internal and external contacts.
- Proven ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively. Being open to others perspectives, feedback and constructive criticism.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Ability to understand and work with budgets and basic calculations.
- Successfully work in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to write grammatically correct prose in a variety of formats (email, meeting minutes, etc.) and to communicate professionally on the phone and in person with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Accepts responsibility and is accountable for actions, while demonstrating initiative with excellent judgement.
- Eager to learn about non-profit operations; asking questions to clarify and understand.
- Support and manage a high-volume of requests and projects to meet the objectives of the Executive Director
- Maintains emotional stability and calm disposition.
- Valid California driver’s license with personal vehicle to travel to the various counties served.
- Ability to meet the minimum competencies or design plan to meet competencies within one year of employment.
Dreamcatchers Empowerment Network is an EEO/AA/Minority/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting at $25.00 per hour
Staff are temperature and symptoms screened. Masking is required for all staff.